Open a bank account
Signing a lease
Applying to the Surete Publique
- Certified duplicate of your Birth Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Marriage or Separation certificates if applicable
- A statement detailing your academic and professional background, in addition to explanation of how all of your assets have been acquired. It is necessary that this be submitted in French.
- Certificate from the last country of residence confirming you have didn't have criminal history for the past five years. A statement proclaiming to this will be extracted from the police force in your past home country.
- Valid medical insurance that covers Monaco.
- The electrical energy contract for your rental apartment or bought property.
- Fully finished residency application forms available via the Surete Publique. Be aware these forms are available in French.
The interview process
The Carte de Sejour provides the legal right to remain in Monaco for over 3 months, and the specifications stipulate that you need to spend a minimum of three months of every year in Monaco. Just to be considered for a 10 year card, you must stay in the country for no less than six months out of the 12 months.
Although it may be a difficult procedure, once accomplished, retiring to this gorgeous country is certain to be a smart decision.